Monday, September 10, 2012

Gluten free Crispy Chicken!

Just tried this new recipe out and it was delicious! And the best part about it, it's gluten free! No, I do not have a gluten allergy but I know a lot of my followers do or choose to eat gluten free. I'm trying to incorporate more gluten free items into my diet to help avoid that "bloat" that most of us experience when eating gluten rich foods!


  • 1/4 cup GF brown rice flour
  • 3 tbsp egg whites
  • garlic powder
  • salt
  • white pepper
  • lemon pepper
  • mrs. dash chipotle seasoning
  • rosemary
  • boneless skinless chicken breast
Clean chicken breast off, rinse off, and cut off any excess fat. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a bowl (as much seasoning as you like). Dip chicken breast in egg whites, and coat the breast with the flour mixture. Make sure you coat it evenly and pat it down on your chicken breast! Spray with PAM cooking spray or a drizzle of olive oil and bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. Raise to the top rack and broil until the top is brown and crunchy. (be careful not to burn!) I topped mine with spicy brown mustard and sriracha (the usual condiments I use). Delicious quick and easy! You can even use smaller chickens to make "chicken strips" to get your kids to eat healthier! 

No comments:

Post a Comment