Sunday, August 26, 2012

Grocery List

Abs are made in the kitchen. Plain and simple. You want abs? Its ALL about your diet. Abs don't need to be trained more than twice a week. Visible abs come with eating clean! Here's an example grocery list that I would have if I were to run out of everything at once!


  • Banana
  • Apples
  • Any type of berry
  • Spinach
  • Kale
  • Asparagus
  • Arugula
  • Avocado
  • Tomato
  • Lemon
  • Sweet potato
  • Hummus
  • Cauliflower
  • Broccoli
  • Zucchini
  • Beans (white beans)
  • Low sodium tuna in water
  • Sriracha/ Tapatio
  • Balsamic Vinegar
  • Mustard
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Extra Virgin Coconut oil
  • Peanut butter
  • Almond Butter
  • Unsweetened cocoa Powder
  • Baking Soda
  • Stevia (all natural) 
  • Mrs Dash seasonings
  • Almonds
  • Flax Meal
  • Quinoa
  • Brown Rice
  • Whole Wheat Pasta
  • Wheat Bread 
  • Ezekiel Bread
  • Old fashion oats
  • Rice cakes
  • Pb2
  • Walden Farms Pancake syrup/Chocolate syrup
  • Unsweetened Almond Milk
  • Eggs
  • Egg whites
  • Cottage Cheese
  • Nonfat Greek yogurt
  • Chicken breast
  • Tilapia
  • Lean Ground Turkey
  • Coffee
  • Green tea
  • Pam cooking spray
  • Protein Powder (I use ON gold standard double chocolate whey)
  • Glutamine and BCAAS (also ON brand)
So this is basically what my list would look like if I was out of everything. You kind of get the idea of what kind of purchases I normally make! A good tip, dont go shopping hungry! it will only make you want to buy junk food or whatever you're craving at the moment! Make a list before you go and stick to it! If you dont buy bad foods, there wont be a temptation to eat them! Also, If you go on the PB2, Quest bar, and Walden Farms websites, you can find out what store near you carries these products. I know theyre hard to find but I constantly get asked where to find them! I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE! lol :p 

6 comments:

  1. Is it bad to have any type of carbs at night? Because sometimes I crave a slice of toast with peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just depends on your goals. I have carbs sometimes as late as 8 at night. I'm trying to put on some weight and pack on muscle, but if you're trying to lose some fat maybe try and cut the carbs around 6 or 7. Stick to protein and fats closer to bed time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!" hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walden Farms sweetens their products with Splenda. Does that concern you? Splenda has a lot of negative side effects and is full of chemicals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same Question as Gmmoceri! I've been following a lot of fitness people of instagram and have seen several of them use Walden farms products but I'm under the impression that splenda (and most, if not all, artificial sweeteners are terrible for you- worse than sugar in some cases) so it just that the small amount doesn't matter? Or how do you feel about the splenda?

    ReplyDelete